Options Together™ has three components:
Download the complete Group Guide with all 7 modules in one PDF.
Download the Group Guide as individual modules.
- Module 1: Who are the poor?
- Module 2: Who is my neighbor?
- Module 3: Imago Dei
- Module 4: The scars of racism
- Module 5: We are all poor
- Module 6: Creating options together™
- Module 7: What do we do now?
Looking for a flyer to promote Options Together™ at your church or event? Download a printable flyer!
For Further Study1
Module 1: Who Are The Poor?
- Book: When Helping Hurts, Steve Corbett and Brian Fikkert
- Book: Same Kind of Different as Me, Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- Book: Framework for Understanding Poverty, Ruby Payne
- Website: Changed-Life Stories, Cru Inner City
Module 2: Who Is My Neighbor?
- Book: Crazy Love, Francis Chan
- Website: Roseland Community “Good News” Day Care , Ms. Pearl’s website
- Website: Love Your Neighbor as Yourself, John Piper
Module 3: Imago Dei
- Website: Image of God, The Bible Project
- Book: Playing God: Redeeming the Gift of Power, Andy Crouch
Module 4: The Scars of Racism
- Book: Let Justice Roll Down, John Perkins
- Book: Divided by Faith: Evangelical Religion and the Problem of Race in America, Michael Emerson and Christian Smith
- Book: The Warmth of Other Suns, Isabel Wilkerson
- DVD: Slavery by Another Name, PBS
- Book: White Awake, Daniel Hill
Module 5: We Are All Poor
- Website: Faces of Santa Ana, Brian Peterson
- Video: Billy and Irene, Cru Inner City
- Video: Falling Plates, Cru
- Movie: Same Kind of Different as Me
Module 6: Creating Options Together™
- Book: Generous Justice: How God’s Grace Makes Us Just, Tim Keller
- Book: Theirs is the Kingdom, Robert Lupton
- Book: Creating Options Together (link to come)
Module 7: What Now
- Book: Bridges Out of Poverty, Ruby Payne
- Book: Many Colors: Cultural Intelligence for a Changing Church, Soong-Chan Rah
- Devotional: Sharing God’s Heart for the Poor, Amy Sherman
1 The views and opinions expressed in these resources do not necessarily represent Cru® or any of its board members, staff or supporters. They are the views of the writer, producer or speaker alone. Posting these messages should not be construed as an endorsement from Cru for anything posted here.